This is the abstract submissions site for the 2019 Virginia Society of Plastic Surgeons
November 22 - 23, 2019
The Virginia Society of Plastic Surgeons is an official affiliated organization of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Submission Deadline: August 15 11:59 pm Pacific Time
Submitting an abstract on-line is easy! If you would like an overview of the system instructions before starting click here.
Technical support may be obtained by calling (401) 334-0220 between 8:30a.m. and 6:00p.m. ET, Monday-Friday, or at all times by contacting tech support.
Submit an Abstract
1. Author Qualifications: Residents in a plastic surgery residency program (all Plastic Surgery Resident programs allowed to submit) and practicing plastic surgeon members of VASPS. If you are a non-resident practicing plastic surgeon, you must be a member of (VASPS) to be eligible to submit an abstract.
2. Abstract text should be created in a word processing program prior to beginning your online submission. Use that program to check the word count. Abstract text (which does not include title or authors) is limited to 250 words or less. Abstract text should not contain title or author information; these are specified elsewhere in the submission process. Abstracts not conforming to the prescribed format will not be considered for presentation.
3. Abstract approval is based on clarity, appropriateness and technical merit of work. Please format to include a purpose statement, methods and materials, and a summary of results and conclusions.
4. You may include relevant photographs/illustrations may be submitted to clarify and/or support the work. Adhere to the following technical points:
- Up to 3 images may be submitted.
- Do not label with author name(s).
- Submit figures in color if at all possible.
- Physical dimensions of figures should be 3.25" wide. As a general rule, the bigger, the better.
5. A maximum of 5 references will be accepted. All citations must be numbered and cited in numerical order in the text.
6. Abstracts must be original clinical and/or basic science works of the presenting author.
7. The name of your Training Program Director must be included in the submission where indicated if applicable.
8. Alterations can be made to the abstract until the submission deadline of August 15 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
9. Notice of acceptance will be forwarded to the presenter only. Presenters are responsible for notifying any co-authors. All correspondence will be sent to the email address listed for the presenter. Please check this email address regularly for submission updates and notify email@example.com if this email changes.
10. All presenters must register for the meeting to be able to present.